Saturday, July 21, 2018

Candle light burns 4months old baby to death in Onitsha

A candle light incident at Okija Street, Awada in Onitsha, Anambra State on Saturday, reportedly claimed the life of a 4-month old baby identified as Chimmuanya Chukwu.

The visibly devastated mother of the baby, Mrs Oluchi Chukwu said her baby was fast asleep when the wax of the candle light she litted got exhausted, and spread into the inflammable material she laid on.

According to her, she left the baby at home around 7pm to recharge her torch in the neighborhood when the incident happened.
“I went out to charge my rechargeable torch because there was no electricity within my vicinity when the candle exhausted its wax and melted on an inflammable material leading to the fire which engulfed their room,” she said.
“My baby couldn’t have died if those who came to our rescue were aware that she was inside. It was unfortunate that I lost my baby in such a manner,” she lamented.
The lady who added that her baby has been buried after the candle light incident, said Chimmuanya was confirmed dead by a hospital she was rushed to.

The Nation reported that the caretaker of the building who witnessed the incident, regretted that the baby had died before the inferno was brought under control by neighbors.

A tenant, Innocent Chukwu said the fire could have escalated but for the quick intervention of neighbours.

Few months ago it was also reported that residents of No. 6, Soyinka Street, Bariga in Shomolu Local Government Area of Lagos State woke up to a tragedy caused by a midnight candle light, which burnt a five-month old infant beyond recognition and left two other children in critical condition, destroying properties worth millions of naira.

The fire, which begun at about 11:20p.m, was reportedly caused by a candle light which had been lit by one of the tenants in the one-storey apartment. The mother of the baby had gone to ease herself in the toilet when the candle, which had exhausted its wax, melted on an inflammable material, leading to the fire engulfing the whole room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments And Opinions On Any Part Of This Website Are Opinions Of The Blog Commenters Or Anonymous Persons And They Do Not Represent The Opinion Of MrifeanyisNews.com

Pictures and culled stories posted on this site are given credit and if a story is yours but credited to the wrong source,Please contact MrifeanyisNews.com and corrections will be made..

If you have a complaint or a story,Please Contact MrifeanyisNews.com Via

mrifeanyisnews@gmail.com
Mobile Phone +2348181170276